Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Promised Land

I had intended to post an Action Packed II blog, but I was too action packed to post it !!
Business is getting ready to launch, and I've a personal interest in it's success, so I'm giving it 100% at the moment.

Tomorrow night, is a night I've been looking forward to since I started playing poker about 8 months ago ... the big €270 buy-in tournament in The Fitz in Dublin. I secured my ticket with a win last Sunday in the freeroll, where a combination of good luck when short stacked at the final table (my 22 made a flush !) and good cards (KK held up at last) meant a comfortable cruise into the 'money spot' ... so roll on Thursday.
This game is 'the game' in Dublin every month, the best players will be there, so I'll see where my game stands. I just want to play well, hopefully I'll get some decent cards, and not make a 'tyre-kicking' mistake that is a possibility when stepping up to this level..... I hope the 'Stupid Fairy' takes a night off anyway.

The young Irish lads who have gone over to Vegas have started well at the WSOP ... I'd like to play that in the next couple of years, so I better keep on improving and earn the entry fee !

I think I'm definitely going to play in The Irish Open next year, a €2k entry fee, so I think that is achievable if I set that as a goal and ringfence winnings into Neteller or somewhere.

Brought a '96 BMW car in from the UK, Chris my builder brother bought it for me at an auction, and I'd say he's glad to see the back of it, as the head needed replacing. It's going fine now, leaking a little oil, but I'm going to drive it into the ground anyway, it's only a runaround.
Was also at Conor's (my nephew) christening earleir in the month as well, and the session that followed it was legendary, my dad certainly enjoyed it anyway !!

Apartment in Croatia should be ready in a couple of weeks, going to be hard to get off work to get the keys and do snag list, but hopefully investment will pay off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home