Friday, August 19, 2005

Sums up the week.

So after drowning my sorrows all week, I decided to try and keep occupied until the weekend, where I think I will sleep as long as I can.

So, I went to the Merrion for a game of poker, with the determination to do well. Determined to try and harness some pent up energy and emotions and channel them poistively.....sounds so stupid I know, if I was a boxer it would make sense, but I'm not.
Played some great poker I thought, some good folds, and some very well timed agression, and we were down to the last 10 from a field os about 80 I'd say..... Only one more to go to get onto the final table.... I was looking good.

Of the 10 left in the room, I am 2nd in chips, marginally behind a young lad immediately on my right. I had been impressed by this guys reads of players throughout the evening, and had the opportunity to use this observation to my advantage.

Under the Gun (1st to act for non poker buffs) I get dealt the infamous AA. A call from me would look very unusual so I raised 3 times the blind, and it was folded around to the lad on the Big Blind on my right, who I had already sensed had also picked up a nice hand.

As I said before, I had been impressed by his read of people, and he was giving me quite a studying, deciding whether to fold or re-raise me all in I guess. So, I actually fed him a bit of a 'false tell' which he fell for, and he came over the top all-in. I was delighted as I really felt I had induced a mistake out of him.

He has AQ, so I'll leave the poker mathematicians to work it out, but I must be at least a 6/1 favourite, with him being dominated. However it wouldn't be the first time AA was cracked, so I braced myself for the flop.

Over it game, a beautiful rainbow 9 3 9 .... any flush or straight possibilities are gone ... I'm looking being massive chip leader on the final table, only runner runner 2 Queens can help this guy now ..... again I'll leave the mathematicians to work it out.
The guy to my left said he folded a queen then, so this guy needs the only 2 queens left in the pack to come out now on the turn and river............and they did.

Unbelievable, all I can do is shrug, and leave my chair. Unbelievable. It just sums up my week, kicked in the balls again.

However, by the time I had left the room, I was over it......... After what has happened this week, it's not important, not one little bit, and you know what, I think that this realisation will help my poker game......not that that is very important either, but you only live once, and I enjoy it.


Come on Forest, let's try and turn the corner.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Rounders123 said...

very sorry news about your buddy there.


runner runner Queens that was probably the worst live beat ive heard, that would be mind blowing under normal circumstances.
i worked it out on a holdem calc, you were 99.60% fav to win that pot he was 0.30%chance.

reload and keep on tryin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home