Monday, August 22, 2005

I hate "Namby Pamby's"

After watching the Gladiators of Galway and Kilkenny sweat blood, sweat and tears in honour of their county jersey, and put on a sporting spectacle of immense proportions, by flicking the channel and seeing Chelsea V Arsenal on TV, it makes you realise just how lucky we are to have the GAA in this country.

As I am getting older, I'm getting more and more into the GAA, and less and less into Soccer.

Why?

Amongst many things (including Nottingham Forest playing in the never never league), I think the main reason is I hate Namby Pamby's. I hate Pires rolling around clutching his shoelaces after triping on a blade of grass. I hate Rio Ferdinand stalling over a £120,000 a week wage deal. I hate Lee Bowyer walking free away from court after nearly killing an Asian Kid. I hate Sven Boring Erikson, who hasn't a clue what he's at.

I love seeing players giving 100% for their supporters, in return these players get idolised, the sport is cherished and passed on to the next generation, people are happy to pay their money to watch them, and life for all of us is enhanced.

I haven't spoke much about Forest on my blog so far, despite being a fan all my life.
My brother is a season ticket holder, and been born in Nottingham, I still travel over 3 or 4 times a year for matches.

Nottingham Forest are a bunch of overpaid footballers who badly need a weeks training with Ger Loughnane or John Maughan. At the moment, Forest players make me sick.

In fact a trip to Croke Park in Dublin would be very beneficial.
Let those overpaid, self egotistical, soft Namby Pamby's see what it is like when 15 amateur sportsmen meet 15 amateur sportsmen with pride and passion, and play to 100% of their capabilities every single time they pull on their beloved jersey.
Let Nottingham Forest players see how 85,000 people are on the edge of their seats roaring on their team as if life itself depended on it. Let them see 2 fellahs collide at full force, eyes only for the ball, and then get back up again. Let them see there is no such thing as a magic sponge. If you are hurt, you are hurt.... If you not hurt, you get back up again and go.

Soccer is now rotten, it is plastic, it means nothing.
At least the Irish Lads make it bearable, we will not allow our Irish team to give anything other than 100%.

Yes Indeed, we are lucky to have the GAA in Ireland, at least I can look forward (please god) to another 40 years of this fantastic sport.

Yes Indeed, I hate Namby Pamby's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home