Thursday, October 20, 2005

Alright, Calm Down, Calm Down !

Sorry about delay in new blog entry, but I've just about returned to sobriety !

Was in Liverpool last weekend for a friends Stag weekend. Pints in the City centre were £1.19 each .... need I say more? So a £10 note gets you just about 9 pints !
Well, talk about favourable pot odds !!!
Nightlife is great as well, just shows you how badly we're being ripped off here.
Got tickets from touts for Liverpool game, all the lads support them. Match was shite, and was not impressed by Anfield at all really, City Ground Nottingham is a far nicer ground.
Hotel was nice, staff were Nazi's, Fire Alarm went off at 4.30am, good job we were still up ...lol ... what a weekend !!

Very little live poker so far this month, although when I play it's still going quite well.

4 Live tourneys this month so far. Friday 7th was in the AUL, which has now ceased it's tourneys, 22 runners, I was 4th for £100. Pushed with 10 10 and called by chip leaders A 7, he spiked an Ace on the river. Pity, the double up would have given me a nice base to make a claim on first place for a 3 in a row at the AUL.

Then on the following Sunday, played Oscars €30 tourney for the first time, very good value. Got shite cards for an hour and a half, but the 12 seater tables, and relaxed blind structure meant time was on my hands. Starting getting some cards and worked my starting stack of 4000 up to about 5500, when I got busted.
Dealt AA in SB, folded around to me, I raised 3*BB (3*400=1200) and The Snapper in the BB called me.
Flop K 7 4 ... I led out with a bet of 1500, The Snapper re-raises me all-in. I couldn't put him on any 2 pair, as he wouldn't have called the raise, as he would have given me credit for a decent hand.
The set of 7's or 4's crossed my mind, but I felt the most probable scenario was, he had AK, and thought that I had raised with AK, AQ, AJ or QQ, JJ etc...
I felt I was in trouble here, as The Snapper is a good tourney player, but I had 2700 of my 5500 chips in the middle, and having 2800 left if I folded was going to leave me very shortstacked, so I called hoping to see that he had pushed thinking the King put him ahead. Alas he had 44 so a set of 4's put me out.

Went Upstairs and played the freeroll, which I won, so I've now €350 credit in the Fitz, so I'll play the €270 game this month.

Only other game was in Drogheda, where a lot of Dublin based boardsters made the trip, and were duly sent home by the locals.
I finished on the bubble in 10th, again had poor cards, and got as far as I felt I could. Maybe should have pushed one orbit earlier but had 2 all-ins before me, and thought I was behind, which did prove to be the case.

Think I'll take trip up to Drogheda again this evening for Shortstack's Tourney.

Forest up to 8th now, so hope the run continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home