Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Reflections & Decisions Made

So with my friend " The Big A " (A for Aidan) getting married at the bank holiday weekend, it was pretty much a 3 day drinking session, and boy am I hung over today. Arrived back in Dublin at 2am this morning.
I just want to go to bed for a week, but the realities of life means that you just have to keep on going, and I dragged myself out of bed this morning at 7am to face another working week.

One thing that has really started to become clear in recent nmonths, is my time in Dublin is drawing to a close....I'm simply fed up with the traffic, the traffic and then there's the traffic. I've just had enough now. No job or city is worth all this hassle.

So with the most recent surge in house prices in Dublin (ours has jumped about 20% this year), I think it's time to cash in the chips, and make a move west to Mayo, probably at christmas. With the equity built up in the house in Dublin, we can take our time, and not be under any pressure to take the first job that comes along. I think I'd like to maybe take on a retail outlet or shop in the Sligo area, or maybe buy some outlets and rent them out, or buy a business...who knows.... but I can't see me working for anyone anymore on a salary. Probably won't even need a mortgage to build our own house now... so I think it's a "no brainer" at this stage, we should make the big move.

Was going to write a bit about Poker but I'm too damn tired.