Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I've been spoilt !











Having commenced live Poker in August 2005, I had my first win in my 3rd tournament, in the AUL complex in Clonshaugh. I followed that up by winning it the week later, and indeed evry single month since August 2005, I had won a live multi-table turnament of at least 50 runners.....until May 2006! :( ... in fact I didn't make any final table or in the money finish.

Yes the month of May is over, and I've had my first losing month. I haven't lost my shirt or anything, because I haven't played that much, 6 tournaments, but still ... tell that to my bank balance!

In fairness, I've just been spoilt, and it's my turn for a spot of negative variance ... at least I hope that's the reason.

I had posted a couple of tournament reports, but you know what, I've just deleted them, I'll only upset myself :) ... and no-one really gives a shit if i got outdrawn by muppets do they :) ....so I'm just parking the month of May to one side.


So we're into June, should be moving house this month, should be going to Croatia to our pad out there for a week as well, scorchio !!

For some nice photos of the area we have bought in.
http://dalmacija.modrojezero.org/South%20Dalmatian%20Coast/slides/S%20Dalmacija%2002.html

We'll hit Korcula, Hvar and Brac this trip I think.
We'll go out in late August/early September as well, and I want to do Plitivice lakes, and up towards Zadar, Zagreb direction then, quite a few of our friends are going to visit in August so that will be great.

Going to Scotland in July up to my mother's homeplace in the Highlands, small place called Dufftown. She's 60, so we're having a get together dinner for that, back on her home soil....really can't wait for that.

Played in two WSOP qualifiers this week on Paddy Power, went out 34th in the first one when my AK lost to AQ (sigh) and bombed out very early in the second one to a stealth set.
Great excitement at the final table though with a good few of the boardsters roaring on the lads on the final table. A sickening beat for Dead Parrott when his Kings lost to JJ on the river, when they were down to the last 4. Careca bust out the same hand, well played Neil.

I'm going back to my spiritual online home on betfair.com from 1st June, I sneaked in two STT's at lunchtime, and won them both ... so we're off to a flyer :)

I've finished reading Phil Gordon's Little Green Book, which is an exceptional well laid out and informative book. Reading Bob Caffione now 'Improve your poker' ... which is very text heavy, and layed out poorly, but the content is excellent.
I've Negreanus book ordered as well.... so I've just about them all read at this stage ... I just need to play more now !!

World Cup starts soon.
I fancy Italy and Argentina, but I'm going to back Holland and Croatia for the value, and the craic.

Anything else I want to say? Nope. That's all Folks !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home